30 November 2017

40k: Deathshroud Terminators

My Death Guard army will mostly be build and converted from the Dark Imperium core box contents. As I've gotten quite a few sets, I have more Lords of Contagion than I'll ever need.

I really like the fluff and concept for the Deathshroud Terminators. And I wanted some to boost Mortarions ability to survive a round of shooting. So I've converted myself some. 

All three are converted from the same Lord of Contagion model.

Despite being a clunky model, it was fairly easy to repose. I've only had to fill gaps with greenstuff a few places. 

Hood are made from greenstuff and the helmets are from fantasy Chaos Warriors. The gauntlet pistols are made from Mantic Plague soldier laser rifles. 


The scythe blades are made from plastic card. I've used my hobby drill to make damage to the blade, like you'll see om all melee weapons in the Death Guard model range.


The Deathshroud Terminators are casting a smoke cover over themselves. So I've made some chimneys on their back from cut up lollipop sticks.


I've given two of the models a new front armorplate. The bits are from the Blight King models from Warhammer Fantasy. They fit fairly well, you some greentuff cover was needed with one model. The nice thing about Nurgle followers is, you can just make something tentacly.





I've managed to find a lot of cheap plastic 'half-pearls' on the internet. Comes in different sizes. The are perfect for boils on the fleshy parts of the models or as bubbles on the ooze on the bases.



Greens
The WIP shots of the work done on the models before priming them.



No comments:

Post a Comment